Monday, October 27, 2008

Boredom

Brad and I visited my parents in Hot Springs, AR this weekend. It takes about 4 1/2 hours to drive there one way. As we were on our way back, it made me think. What kind of driving boredom games do you play?

On the way, we played the alphabet game (we had to find words that began with each letter of the alphabet.) Brad of course believes he won, because on the way back he finally found a truck that said "Xpress", but I don't believe that the game continues past 24 hours...so I think I won by finding the last Z.

We also play "20 questions" , even though we didn't get to it on this trip. I'm not so good at that game, but I try to make it hard for Brad, and sometimes succeed.

On the way home we played name that tune on my iPod. Brad started off, but since most of the songs he doesn't like, and most of the stuff on my iPod is country, he was not very good at naming anything! So he quickly moved the game to me having to guess songs and artists in 10 measures or less. I did okay, but there are some songs that I just don't know! But it was fun!

I don't think we have any trips planned for the rest of the year, but does anyone have any other suggestions on wonderful boredom games to play on the road (that don't require reading in a car due to extreme motion sickness)?

More on the trip later.

No comments: