I always make an effort to try new recipes at least once a week. For the holiday season, I decided I would try a few since I had the time to create things and no stress! I think I'm going to start posting a recipe each week that I love. Whether it's new or old, I think it's always nice to share. I love easy, new recipes, so if you have any to share, send them my way!
I made this for my neighbors, it turned out very yummy!
Cranberry Bread
2 cups fresh cranberries chopped
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of loaf pans (I used 4 of the small disposable ones, but you can use 2 of the regular size loaf pans if you'd like)
Mix cranberries, sugar, oil, milk, orange peel, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl.
Stir in remaining ingredients
Pour into pans.
Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans
Cool completely on wire rack.
I put a glaze on them:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons warm water
Mix ingredients together until blended and smooth. Heat in microwave 10 seconds to drizzle.
Drizzle over top of cooled bread.
Voila!
Let me know if you try it! I enjoyed it!











No comments:
Post a Comment