Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas 2008

(I know it's late, but I've been unmotivated to do much of anything!)
This past Christmas, we spent our first Christmas at our new house without family or travel. It was very relaxing and a great start to our traditions. We missed my family and wish we were all close together, but we were still able to spend the holidays with Brad's side of the family.
Here are a few pictures of some of the things our family blessed us with this Christmas!
Brad's pile


My pile


Brad got a circular saw from my parents




Mavs tie
My very much wanted and needed cheese slicer!!!!! (and Baylee's head!)
Brad's pile of random things

And so everyone can see the massive makeover the living room has taken, Steve and Judy got me these ladder shelves to go on either side of the TV!! I am very happy with the way it turned out! I'm thinking I'm going to find a wood or metal plaque of some sort that is oval to go above the TV and have a Bible verse on it. I think it'll help break up the brown! We'll see! That's my next want, just need to find exactly the right thing. Maybe Brad will help me with that project since he has all these new tools! :)
We spent Christmas day over at Mariette's house and had a gift exchange with them and had lunch. We later went and saw "Marley and Me" in the theaters, on the FRONT ROW!! Who would've thought it was going to be that busy! It was good though! A very cute movie! If you haven't seen it and you love dogs, see it but make sure you bring lots of Kleenex!
On Saturday the 27th, we went to Steve and Judy's and spent Christmas with them! We had a great time and once again were very blessed by them!
Overall, a wonderful holiday! We can't wait to continue to make new traditions for our own family.

No comments: