Unfortunately, Brad had to work until 11 pm that night, so he didn't get to go hang out with the boys, but I guess after it got too dark for wiffle ball, this is what happened.
Marissa and I made cupcakes and frosting since it was a Friday, and we were the only 2 that didn't have to work. We came very prepared for our party! (8 girls, 40 cupcakes!)

Ultimately, we had pages printed off from Martha Stewart's website that gave instructions on how to make beautiful cupcakes like this: 

Heather had a cool little frosting gadget that was really cool as well.

Unfortunately, we didn't have all of the tips Martha thought we should have, so we had to make do with what we did have. Here are a few.
My first attempt.

Marissa's sheep (with marshmallows) and attempt to make the flower from Martha.

Carissa made a beautiful butterfly.

Chelsea also decided to attempt the Martha Flower with the bee on top! It actually turned out very cute.
Jessica, our "non-crafty" one decided to eat hers before I had a chance to take a picture.
Jessica, our "non-crafty" one decided to eat hers before I had a chance to take a picture.
Heather then made a very cute ice cream cone! (She later added to it, but I didn't get the final picture of it for some reason)

Amanda started our cupcake journey with us, but began contemplating if this was the best option! She later became our advisor! 

Marissa and Chelsea, I think, came back with the cutest award by making a Robin's egg nest!
These are my last two attempts at anything cute (a ladybug and polkadots)
Here are all of our uneaten cupcakes! 
We also figured out that Martha's buttercream icing was not the best option for these type of decorating adventures. It might be best to use the kind of icing she suggests for her decorations! :)
It was a very fun evening for all!!! Yay for good girl time! Plus, the guys really enjoyed their sweet treats when they came to pick us up!











No comments:
Post a Comment