First is the dining room. Brad and I finished the majority of this project at the beginning of the summer. Now, with curtains and paintings it is complete!
Here is a view of the curtains and paint.

Here is the other direction.

And a close up of the decor - I painted the shelf white, and then painted the stripe canvases to match the color of the room. I am using green as an accent color to all of this, which you see in the candles on the left and the river cane sticks on the right.

I also redid the hallway bath around the same time to change out the purple decor into a little more sophisticated look. I used all of the decor from the master bath, so I was able to redo this room with only having to buy the $10 quart of paint! :)

(I'm starting to see a stripe pattern going on here...)
Next, we repainted the master bath since I took everything out of it and put it in the hallway bath! I decided to go with a more neutral (but dark) brown so later on I can redo it again and not have to paint it again! These high ceilings are wonderful, but no fun to paint! (Just ask Brad, he gets the hard part of it!)
The view walking in. I painted the stripe canvases that you see with the 4 basic colors of the room.

And the counter top decor.

I was able to find some nice green things to decorate the bath tub.

One of my very favorite decorative things I've done the whole summer! (I was able to find the square art at Michael's, but it didn't show up very well on the brown, so I painted the cream square on the wall to help make it pop. It is 4 brown squares with a green square in the middle.)

And then I had to come up with something creative to put in the window so that it let the light through and gave some privacy with some color. I originally had a bamboo criss-cross idea, but it wasn't going to be to hard to implement, so this is what I ended up with!

My next project was the study. I kept everything the same, just painted the walls a "butterscotch" color (as my mom would call it). This was the last of the rooms we use regularly that had builder's paint, so I was very excited to get this done! I think it turned out very nicely!



The last thing I had planned to do was switch the guest rooms, but I didn't get quite as far as I would've liked! For now, there are boxes of different colors of paint that I decided on, I just haven't had the time or energy to finish it! Maybe it'll be a Christmas or Spring Break project! But, at least I have the color picked out!
I also planned to do some patio planters in the backyard, but it's too hot. Maybe I'll catch some planters on sale for the fall! I also had planned to organize Brad's stuff in the garage, but I didn't get to that either. Once again, it's too hot. I think I'm going to get Brad's assistance on it, since it is his space! :)
I also planned to do some patio planters in the backyard, but it's too hot. Maybe I'll catch some planters on sale for the fall! I also had planned to organize Brad's stuff in the garage, but I didn't get to that either. Once again, it's too hot. I think I'm going to get Brad's assistance on it, since it is his space! :)
The most recent addition is that I learned how to sew! My mom brought me her old sewing machine that she slaved on many hours to make me clothes and curtains, and who knows what else. I got started and made a very cute apron.



And it even has a coordinating lining!

I also made a painting apron, but it's just very basic so that I can get paint on them. >
Yesterday I started a bunch of bean bags for my classroom. I will be flipping the fabric inside out again for a few days I'm sure and then hand sewing the opening closed. I'll put that with my classroom stuff!
Now, with one official day of summer left, it's time to go back to work! I've been working in my classroom since Tuesday, so things are coming together! I decided to rearrange a few things (since I walked in and all of my furniture and things were in the middle of the room!) and I think I'm going to like it! When I go back tomorrow, I will try to remember to take some pictures so you can all see what a magical music room looks like! :)











1 comment:
That's so cool...So now you get to teach me how to sew!!! :-) I can't wait! He He!!
Post a Comment