Thursday, September 11, 2008

Food for Your Spirit

I've started meeting with my dear friend Amy each week to help each other out with our personal struggles. I have been really trying to dig into the Bible lately to really find God's voice in my life. So I've decided that I'm going to post various things that I have learned through studying and teaching that have really made me ponder or gave me that "ah ha" moment. So, here it is, thanks to Amy

Galatians 5:22 says:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control: against such things there is no law."

We've all heard this verse, we all know these things, but here's the new byte. We ask for MORE patience to deal with what life brings us, we ask for MORE kindness to deal with our co-workers, but if you really read this, God has given us all the love and patience we need. We just aren't using it. Instead, ask God to show you how YOU are keeping from using that patience. What are you doing that is keeping the fruit from appearing? Everyone has the same amount of all of these, some have just had God assist them in knowing how to use it.

1 comment:

Sarah Sherman said...

Welcome to blog land! I love the design of your blog!