Sunday, December 7, 2008

God and my life

God is an amazing man. I just encourage everyone to sit down and start a relationship with Him. I have recently been studying "On the Other Side of the Garden" which is about biblical womanhood. It is an excellent book so far, but it has truly shown me the little things about how this world has made things seem and how the perceptions are all skewed. I used to always think that I could let the worldly things in my life (secular music, trashy TV shows, magazines, etc) and since I knew better, they wouldn't effect me. HAHA! It's amazing how your life changes when you begin to take those things out and truly look at what a Biblical marriage, life, and relationship looks like. I'm not saying stop seeing movies, stop listening to the radio, stop reading anything, but truly, try to take some of the world views out and see what a difference in your life it makes.

Also, my challenge for me and for you. For the next 10 days, find something about your spouse or closest friend that you have daily interaction with that you appreciate and are thankful for. Thank God each day for that attribute or action and see how that changes your relationship with that person. When we all sit back and stop worrying about US and start praying for others and those close to us, God will truly reveal himself to you. Let me know how it goes!

No comments: