Sunday, December 7, 2008

Life

Right now, I am so tired, I'm ready for Christmas break!! :)

I have my winter music program coming up this Thursday with some of the worst kids in the school! Most of the behavior issues in the school come from 4th grade, and of course, I get to do a program with them! YIPPEE! I'm surviving, and I just pray that everything will work out for the best and the kids will realize this week how much fun it can be if we just listen! :) We'll see.

But that brings me to a question: Why do we have elementary music programs? I understand band concerts and choir concerts, but why in elementary. We have to include everyone, even if they aren't the best of singers or players, and we have to include the kids that really don't deserve to be on a stage since they might pull their pants down in front of everyone just to get a laugh. I love showing off what we do in music, but a whole program and the whole shabang....I'm just not a big fan of. It takes my time, it takes curriculum time, and it takes some of the fun out of it because we're so stressed on working on the performance instead of the games and fun. It'd be interesting to know what others thought of this whole ordeal.

I am just very thankful that I only have 2 programs a year and they don't have to be big productions, rather just instrument playing! :)

No comments: