Monday, July 13, 2009

Lunch? Dinner? Food?

Right now Brad is on the 3 pm - 11 am shift until further notification. So, I was meal planning on Friday trying to figure out what we're going to have. I of course tried to plan things that would be reheatable or don't take much time. Friday, I made what I had planned for dinner, for lunch, which worked out nicely. But now that I have school and have to leave by noon, some of those meal really won't be good at 11 am! (At least to me, plus I don't want to slave in the kitchen before I leave!) So, I'm in a dilemma. Brad and I have always made it a priority to eat "dinner" together. Which our "dinner" is now at 11:00, but I hope to sit down with him and eat something! I just don't know what! It's hard for me to want to cook something and eat in the middle of the day, and then pack his "lunch" for work. I have no idea what to do! And he is so sweet about it, he just tells me, "whatever you want to make is fine!"

So, what do I do? Should I reverse my lunch in dinner in life and just plan on cooking? And on top of that, I don't want to cook this big meal for just me!! I don't mind cooking for our family, but if I'm the only one eating, you can almost guarantee that it's nothing extravagant! So, I don't know what to do.....

Maybe this shift won't be as long as I'm expecting it! ;)

1 comment:

Amanda McD said...

Hmmm...That would be hard for me too! Maybe you could just have lunch foods together during the day and then save the dinner foods for night when you are apart. You could always start a rotation where you have something that night and then Brad takes the leftovers the next night. Or cook a few meals over the weekend and then have those at nights. Gosh...I would just eat out all the time! That would be bad.