I wanted to also take this time to recognize the mothers in my life! (I now have 3, so I guess I am truly blessed!)
(These are noted for the amount of time I've known these lovely ladies - the longer the time, the more I can be thankful for!)
My Top 3 Things/Times I love about my mother-in-law (Judy):
- She can always have a smile on her face - no matter what the circumstances are.
- She laughs at herself and doesn't dwell on the stupid things we all do.
- She is very generous with everything she has (thoughts, emotions, smiles, hugs, etc.)
In the nearly 4 years I've known her, I have always enjoyed my time with her. I look forward to spending more time with her as I grow with our families!
My Top 4 Things I love about my mother-in-love (Mariette):
- She has more strength and courage than anyone I know even though life might not throw her the best deal.
- She is a spiritual warrior. I know that she will always turn to Lord in any circumstance.
- She is so cute! If I told you that she takes notes during each Dancing with the Stars, do I have to say anything else?
- She raised a Godly man that I love and adore - and did a darn good job.
I think God provided me with a perfect spiritual influence in my life so I could see how a Christian woman is to truly live regardless of our situation. I can also love her just because without her I wouldn't have the husband I have. :)
My Top 5 Things I love about my mother (Patricia):
- My mother is a perfectionist. I love that things will be done and taken care of carefully if she is in charge.
- My mother is probably the most creative person I know. I have many memories of the summer camps she put on with all of the crafts and games that she came up with herself. I can only imagine the creativity and time it took to put those together to make sure me and Jay and the other piano friends could enjoy them!
- My mother made me take piano. Enough said. I may have hated it at times, but it's totally blessed me and my life in many ways.
- My mother never lets things pull her down - she is strong. With her second bout of cancer, you'd never know what she was going through because she doesn't let it take her down.
- My mother was the "fun" mom: Growing up, we got to do so many fun vacations and outings because she insisted to make sacrifices elsewhere.
There are many things that I wish I could change about her (since I have inherited so many of her traits), but I would never change the fact that she is my mom. She is my friend, my confidante, and my support that I know I can always lean on for anything. I may not have been an easy child to raise, but I hope that I can be at least half the mom to my kids that she was to me. (Now we'll just have to see how long it takes her to read this! She's not very good at staying updated on my blogs!)











No comments:
Post a Comment