Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blake's Room :)

One of the rooms I am most excited about in our new home is Blake's nursery! 

I am not a "theme" girl.  I did not want a "theme" in Blake's room.  Afterall, for the first year or two, Blake's room is really mine, not his!  Once he starts developing interests of his own, then we will consider changing his room to something more kid like.  But until then, I want something I will enjoy being in that can be used even as he grows.  We chose this bedding:
We ordered the furniture and it should be in at the end of August!  And let me tell you, I had no idea choosing a crib and dresser would be so exhausting!

The dresser/changer
The Rocker/glider (I'm hoping to get to use this somewhere else in the house when there are no more babies!)  There is a matching ottoman that goes with this as well.
As for the actual room, I originally had planned to paint it just a plain dark tan, but when we got the bedding in the room, the builder color was a perfect match.  But, I still thought the room needing something.  So after my mom and I started throwing around some circle ideas, Brad just plainly came up with a simple border around the room with the painted circles.  I LOVED IT!  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  You can see how great it looks with the bedding as well!
This is the view from the doorway - the curtain is a long drape from my mom where she added the circle fabric on the bottom and at the top.  This dark navy will hopefully keep this room dark for when he needs to sleep and it's light outside.

I love this room!  I can't wait until there is actually furniture in this room!  I don't think it could've turned out any more perfect!

No comments: