Dear Sweet Blake -
I can not believe you are already 4 months old! Just a year ago, your daddy and I were experiencing the best joy of our life finding out you were on your way. We waited so long for you, and God was finally giving us the opportunity to be parents. I was incredibly tired at this point last year, and I still am tired this year!! My you have changed my sleep habits! No more true sleeping in (even though your daddy lets me sleep in a little bit every now and then) and no more long naps. :) I'll take you over that sleep any day though!
At your 4 month visit, you were:
- 16 lbs. (75%)
- 26.5 in long (90%)
- 16.75 head circumference (25-50%)
You are just growing everyday. At this rate, you're going to be tall and skinny like your daddy!
You had to go to the doctor again a couple of weeks ago with another nasty cold. Luckily, there were no infected ears or the yucky RSV, but we had to suck that nose of yours so much and you had to sleep in your car seat, which you hated. But, we got through it after about 5 days. Nana and Papa even got to take care of you when they were here so you didn't have to go back to daycare still feeling yucky.
A big event happened in your life this month. You were dedicated to the Lord at church. This was really more of a dedication for mommy and daddy, but we have made public that we will raise you to love the Lord and to be in our church. Most of your family got to attend to see your big debut on the big Prestonwood screen (Granette was sick so she couldn't make it). It was a great time! You almost smiled on the camera! I was so scared you were going to throw up on your outfit, but luckily you saved it until we were done and walking back to the room to get our stuff.
You have also been officially kicked out of your first daycare! :) Our beloved Mrs. Stephanie had to let you go this last week because she couldn't handle having so many little babies. So, since we were one of the last ones to come, we had to go. We were very sad and worried we wouldn't find anything remotely close to what Mrs. Stephanie had for you, but I think we have found a great replacement. Next week you get to start with Auntie Audrey, and we think it will be great for you! She's so excited to get to have you!
Here are some other things going on in your world:
- You are eating 6-7 oz 5 times a day
- You are mostly sleeping through the night still. There are some nights you decide to let out a little yell but you go right back to sleep. (This is true if you're not all stuffed up and feeling crummy)
- You are not napping like mommy would like you to, but we're working on it!
- You have officially rolled over from your tummy to your back :)
(Your starting pose)
- You have found your voice! You love to talk to us and to yourself.
- You are smiling at everything these days! You are such a happy baby! It warms my heart to have you smile as I walk by or say hi.
- You have figured out how to blow bubbles and "buzz" your lips. I like to think you're getting ready to be a fantastic brass player, but as much as you love your daddy's drumming, I doubt that's the case! :)
- You still love your baths. Most of the time you will just lay in the water and kick while you're talking and sucking on your hands. It's our routine that Daddy gives you your bath and mommy gets to feed you and put you to bed. You're not very happy when this routine is ever altered. :)
- Everything goes in your mouth these days. You are loving toys with rings on them. You get slobber everywhere.
- You also are finally entertained by toys. We can put you down somewhere and you will just play and chew on the toys. It's been great when we go out somewhere and you wake up.
- You LOVE Abby and Oscar. You can be upset, but if you see them playing around, you will just smile and watch. Abby is still a little timid by you, but I know you two are going to love each other!
- When Daddy sneezes, you usually get very scared and just start screaming! It's quite humorous, but it is a legitimate concern of yours!
Life just flies by. I just can't believe how much you change everyday. I'm going to have to do a lot better at this blogging thing to keep up with all of the things you're doing.
Love you so much, buddy.
Mommy


















No comments:
Post a Comment