We did a balloon themed party since Blake LOVES balloons! He will just carry a balloon around and shake it up and down forever! After seeing some cute balloon ideas on Pinterest, I decided this would be a perfect theme! I found some cute digital designs that would help tie everything together, and then, VOILA, we had a wonderful party!
Turns out, there's a national helium shortage. So, many of the awesome ideas I had for the balloon decorations had to be nixed because I only had a helium tank from WalMart that blew up 30 balloons, unlike the 75 I had planned to use. Then came Pinterest to the rescue! I actually think the upside down balloons worked out great!
The Birthday boy!
With his Papas (Papa & Poppa)
His favorite gift - trying to be like Daddy!
The smash cake was delish, however, Blake was not a fan!
A few notes about the party:
I got all of my ideas from my Pinterest board - I then was able to recreate them to work for my color scheme and set up.
We used air blown up balloons for the balloons hanging from the ceiling with a marble in the bottom to hold straight down. (Actually I used jawbreakers and lemon heads from the halloween candy bowl, but it was the same idea!)
I created all of the graphics used throughout the decorations using digital scrapbooking papers from Mygrafico.com and designed everything to be personalized to my taste.
Foods included: mini pizzas, sausage balls, balloon bunches (grapes on straws), cutie oranges, cheese straws, popcorn, colored chocolate covered oreos, fruity pebble treats, white and chocolate cake pops, cloud punch.
I created the graphics for the banner across the mantle, a banner for his high chair, and the random matching balloons laid on the tables.
I had intended to play pin the string on the balloon, but the majority of our audience was too young for that since most of the kids there were all younger than Blake. I had also had a balloon animal activity set up to put ears, noses, and feet on balloons like this, but since we were running low on helium and most kids were too young, this activity was not successful. They were cute, but most just wanted a plain balloon to go home.
I bought cheap fabric at JoAnns and laid across the tables.
The Dum dum candle sticks were a bit more work than I expected. I used a 3 in styrofoam ball, and the LARGE bag of Dum Dums, and still didn't have enough to go all the way to the bottom. The sticks began to collide in the middle of the ball which made it hard to keep it even, but if I had used a bigger ball, I would have had to use a ton more suckers. They looked cute, but I will NEVER do them again!
I also made a balloon wreath for the front door. Because of the balloon ration, I intended to have balloons outside along the sidewalk, but they had to be nixed unfortunately.
I also had cute little favor boxes (treat boxes from Oriental Trading) with punch balloons, bouncy balls, gourmet suckers, and an egg shaker (the musician in me I guess). I printed out round labels for those as well with the "Thanks for popping by" theme on them.
The shirt was custom made by Polka Dots & Stripes
Overall, a very successful party. Thanks to my mother who helped me set everything up and get it looking fabulous! I find it interesting how we plan such elaborate parties for a child who has no idea what's going on. But, I loved it!! :)
Happy Birthday Little Buddy!











No comments:
Post a Comment