Thursday, November 1, 2012

From Granette, on your birthday

Happy 1st Birthday, Blake! I love YOU!




You have given me a year of SMILES – what a sweet blessing you are.

Your smile makes me so happy and I love it every time you smile at others as well – a smile makes everyone feel better.


You are such a happy baby boy and that is an encouragement to all who are around you.

Someone has said that encouragement is simply reminding a person of the “shoulders” on which he is standing.

Right now you stand on the shoulders of your mom and dad.

Proverbs 20:7 says, “Good people live right, and God blesses the children who follow their example.”

Blake, you have such a good mom and dad – always follow their example.



You have also become the best little “hugger” I know. Your daddy is a sweet hugger too.

I pray that you will always hold all those you love close to your heart just as each of them hold you.



You are loved by so many – but God loves you most of all. It is hard to imagine that anyone could love you more than your mom and dad and your grandparents – but HE does.

And He continually watches over you because He never sleeps. (Psalm 121:3)



What potential you possess. Proverbs 12:25 says, “Anxious hearts are very heavy but a word of encouragement does wonders.”

Someday you will hear a very encouraging word from Jesus – “Come to Me” –

and if you choose to follow Him you will be able to stand on His shoulders – that is the very best place to be.

The Bible says “He is always thinking of you.” (my summary of Psalm 139:1-6) I think about you a lot – but you are ALWAYS on His mind – isn’t that amazing?!!!



Blake – you have been a little encourager in your 1st year to many folks – I pray that never changes.

You make my heart smile!

I love you, Blake. Let me say it again….I love you.

“You are my crown!” (Proverbs 17:6)

Granette


(Blake, you are so blessed to have such a wonderful Granette!  She is an amazing example of a Godly woman and of God's love.  I hope you never forget that.)

No comments: