Monday, October 27, 2008

Smoke Alarms

As you read before, we had a little incident with our smoke alarms, but I think the problem has been solved....maybe.

Thursday after we got home from work, there were no beeping alarms, everything was peaceful.

Then, on Friday morning, like clockwork, the alarm in our bedroom beeping at 4:40am and continuing for the rest of the morning. I didn't wake Brad up this time, I just dealt with it and tried to rest even though I knew it wasn't going to happen.

Brad was off work on Friday, so part of his "To Do" list was to change the batteries to the other smoke alarms. He changed them, but some of them are still blinking red. But, there's no beeping. We also flipped the breaker to see if that would reset them. Our test was this morning, and we did not have any beeping. So, let's see how much the alarms really hate us.....and cross our fingers it doesn't happen again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had this problem in college. It didn't seem to matter how often we changed that batteries (which seemed to happen weekly around 3am) the alarms still would start beeping. Now, I understand keeping safe and making sure the smoke alarms have fresh batteries, but someone should have programed an internal clock to make sure they don't go off during sleeping hours!