Saturday, October 18, 2008

Third Day

Right before we left for Louisiana, we went to the Third Day, Switchfoot, Jars of Clay concert at Smirnoff (or super pages center or something like that). It was great! We got the tickets last minute, and Brad forgets to tell me that they are 1ST ROW!! I'm not big first rower, but especially because I wasn't the biggest fan ever of any of the bands. I enjoy their music, but I don't know all of their songs, you know what I mean?! Now, Josh Groban, that's a different story! That front row seat was the best ever, besides the transvestite man that was a few seats down....that's another story though. Anyway, We start walking down, and we're in the section RIGHT IN FRONT OF the subwoofer. My throat and body are just vibrating and feel out of control! :-) After I realize we are going all the way to the front, I just tell Brad to sit kind of back so we don't have to bother anyone. Switchfoot had just started. It was very nice, I enjoyed it, but Brad was not a big fan! The guy though, was kind of obsessed with standing on things.

I know it's hard to tell what's going on, but the guy is standing on the speakers right in front of the lights. It was weird. He even stood on the bass drum, stood on the railings that blocked the front row from being on the stage. He also went out into the crowd and stood on some people's seats in the back. It was interesting, but their music is nice. Supposedly, Siwtchfoot will be coming out with a new album soon. I'm anxious to hear that.

Third Day then came out last (we missed the first half of the concert with Jars of Clay and Robert Randolph and the Family Band). By this time, Brad wanted to go check out our seats and just try it out. This was okay because I was ready for my throat to stop vibrating and my ears ringing. (The ringing continued for almost 24 hours though...Oh how old I felt!) They were great seats! We were right in front of the bass player and had a great view! Since I'm rather short, it's nice to not have anyone in front of you! :-)

And the lead singer of Third Day looked NOTHING like what we had imagined! Like I said earlier, we weren't the #1 fans in the audience!After they finished, Switchfoot came out to perform with Third Day which was nice.And then all 4 of the bands came out to play. It was a stage full of musicians, but they did very well to blend everyone together! (That's the musician talking in me....sorry!)It was great, and it was over around 10:00, which was even better since I had school that day! :-)

If you haven't figured out, my new genre of music has become Contemporary Christian music. It's great to have positive music in my life! And it's really not all that bad! Especially since they still play some of the classics that I listened to as a kid! (Does anyone else remember the "Songs from the Loft" album??? That was so great! I love it, but Brad doesn't remember it and is not a big fan!)

By the way, Brad and I are trying to go to the Casting Crowns/Natalie Grant Christmas Celebration at Nokia on Nov. 29th. If anyone else would like to go, we can get the tickets cheaper in a 4 pack! (They are in the top deck though, but still good seats!) Let us know! It'd be awesome to go with friends! :-)

Go listen to these artists: David Crowder Band, Third Day, Switchfoot, Casting Crowns, Natalie Grant, Chris Tomlin, and there's another girl that comes to mind, but her name has slipped my brain....I'll think of it soon I'm sure.

1 comment:

Sarah Sherman said...

I totally remember the Songs from the Loft! what a blast from the past!