Than at about 4:15am, Leah is awoken by a very loud shrill beep. (I am a pretty accomplished sleeper, so it didn't phase me.) She waited to see if it would happen again, and sure enough, about a minute later, there it is again. I'm not really sure how long she waited to wake me up, but I don't imagine it was very long.
I begrudgingly get out of bed and stumble to the hallway, underneath our smoke detector. The battery was dead or dying or the wrong brand or something. So, being the man I am, I take out the battery thinking it will turn off and we'll be set. Not quite, it still beeps at me, so I hit what I assume is a reset button. It shrieks for a second than stops.
Mission accomplished.
I am climbing back in to bed, then I hear it again, the beep. But this one is from a different smoke detector. The dog's room. Rinse, lather, and repeat with that detector and again I think I have it fixed. Getting back in bed (closer to 4:45am by now) and the smoke detector in our bedroom starts beeping!
The problem here is our ceilings are about 18 feet high in the master bedroom. I'm tall, but that's pushing it. I declare it to be morning at this point. Leah and I, defeated, lay in bed until it is time to get ready for the day. Ugh.












3 comments:
ugh, that happened to us in our last apartment! sorry for your lack of sleep!
get your sleep now before you have a baby =)
I echo what Kelley said - with a baby there is very little sleep.
Post a Comment