Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Decor

Since it is the week of Christmas, I decided I should put the Christmas decorations up here! :) I was so excited to get to do some new stuff this year with our new house. I tried to be a little more sophisticated with my approach and not lean so much on the "cutsie" side, but I couldn't resist on a few things! I think I did a pretty good job blending all of the old and new together!
First, when you drive up to the house, there is a beautiful array of red and white lights lining the roof line and pathway. (I will have a picture soon, it's just not dark outside right now!) At the door, a nice garland and homemade wreath. (I have a new idea for the wreaths next year, just didn't get to it this time!)
In the dining room, our tree sits by the window. (Hopefully we will get a big beautiful tree next year that will go in our living room....this is still my $15 tree from college!)
I couldn't quite figure out what to do on the dining room table, but I will collect better ornaments for the tiered stand, but this will do for now! :)
I added a few of my snowmen and garland to the shelf
The stand houses a large collection of my snowmen. Luckily I didn't have to move much of the regular decor so I won't have to remember how everything was before! :)
The piano got a little lift of Christmas. You can't tell very well, but there are little glitter balls in the garland.
This was one of my favorite purchases this year!! Simple, but very cute! They were empty and I got some green ornaments to fill them! I think they turned out very cute!
This isn't a good picture of the garland, but there are glitter balls throughout the garland on the bar also. Also, there are some candles throughout the garland.
One of my very favorite snowmen!
I wrapped some books in the coordinating wrapping paper to pull everything together!
The picture doesn't do the trees justice, but very shiny and pretty!
I'm very happy with the way the mantle turned out. Maybe next year I will get a Christmas picture to put up.

1 comment:

Patricia Epperhart said...

Great job! Everything looks so good. I really like the door garland. The tiered center piece was a great idea.