Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Music

I am a huge fan of Christmas music, but ONLY after Thanksgiving. A few radio stations around here like to begin Christmas music way before it is necessary, but believe me, when Thanksgiving dinner is over, Christmas is in! :) I even began decorating for Christmas Thursday afternoon. I'll have pictures up of the decorations soon, I just need to upload them from the camera.
So, I wanted to share my 5 favorite Christmas albums. I highly recommend all of these! :)



5. Mannheim Steamroller - Any of them! :)



I love the non-vocal stuff, and this puts a wonderful spin on all of the favorites! Of course, you might have to watch out on the older stuff that may be a little too early 90's synthesizer for you, but regardless, they are a classic!


4. Josh Groban - Noel


He's a favorite of mine, but his voice is beautiful! Wonderful for Christmas!


3. Jim Brickman - Homecoming


Now please understand that I am a HUGE Jim Brickman fan, and have seen him in concert 3 different times. If you like the instrumental stuff and the piano, this is a must have!


2. Amy Grant - Home for Christmas


This is a classic from long ago! I grew up on her, so I love it! I can't have Christmas without it! ;)


And lastly....


1. 4HIM - Season of Love


I love this album!!! I have no idea why, but the harmonies and all that goes with it, WONDERFUL!!! (Plus you can't help but love the hair on these guys!)


Now I can't end this blog without saying that one of the priceless Christmas albums out there is for dog lovers:



If you've never heard it, go check it out! :)

1 comment:

Patricia Epperhart said...

Ahhhh, the music of Christmas. I, too, just listened to 4-Him's CD. They really had great harmony. I know why you like them. We listened to that CD all of the time when you were little. What about Clay Aiken? That's a great one too, as well as the John Tesh ones. Memories!