For some reason, I feel the need to express my thankfulness for my church and church family. Brad and I go to a wonderful place that has provided us with wonderful friendships and relationships that we needed. We have a place that can hold us accountable, make us better people, and let us have fun together. I have no idea where we'd be without these wonderful people. I have no idea how I survived many years without being plugged into a church (from about 1998-2007). We have life long friends. We have friends that we would almost do anything for. I can't say enough how thankful I am for that.
We also have a place to serve. Today started my service in the children's ministry. I am the teacher of a "not in 1st grade" class (these are kids who are repeating kindergarten). Brad helped me out today because my dear friend and helper, Chelsea, was out of town. I was told we'd probably have 12-15 kids. We started with one, then a few more came, and then for the hour and a half we were there, we had 6 kids. It was great. 4 boys, 2 girls. It is so much different from my classroom at Weatherford, but I think throughout the school year, it will be much different. I will be serving every other week with these kids, and I am excited to see what happens. It will definitely be a journey! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment