My goals from the last post were originally geared towards my days off last week, but they happened to roll over to the weekend. Either way, things got done! Well, including this post right here! Haha!
I was so excited to take a half day on Thursday! After I left, I got a massage, which was much needed and was pretty good. I think it would've been better with a different therapist, but it was good. Since I was already by the plant store, I decided to go buy my pansies so I wouldn't have to get out again. (That would normally keep me from completing this goal!) When I got home, I needed to take the plants out of my car and put them on the driveway. After looking at my watch, I realized I had a little while before Brad got home and I wasn't very tired to take a nap, so I decided to go ahead and plant the flowers right then! Haha! So, basically, I counter-acted my massage, but you know, I was productive! I bought multi-colored pansies and some mulch and was able to clean out the beds a little bit. My lantana finally looks wonderful (the stuff I planted in MARCH!) and so I decided not to pull it out right now. I think when it all dies, I'm just going to trim it down and put the mulch over it so it will come back next spring.
On Friday, I definitely slept in, and it was great! I caught up on my Thursday night shows and took an easy day. I started working on the official blog background and elements and realized I had a lot to learn and do! My brother helped me out a little with the things I didn't quite understand with the photo program, but after many hours of trying to get things perfected, it finally turned out! I think since I have some experience with the program and know what I need to do, the next layout won't take nearly as long, and I have a template now of my own that I will probably reuse with different colors. I already have found my new color scheme, just gonna wait to use it! I'm very pleased with the results!
Friday night we also had a "Synergy Miniature Golf Classic" with our Bible Fellowship class! We had a blast! Brad and I didn't win any awards for our playing, but it was fun and the weather was almost perfect. Since my camera broke a few months ago (read this post) I haven't been able to take pictures very well, and no one else is! We've decided we're going to designate a Synergy photo-taker at all of our events so we can get some memories of all of our good times! It was a great idea and we're ready for the spring re-match!
Saturday, I spent most of the morning reading (my grandmother gave me a book, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks) and working on my blog. Brad and I cleaned the house, we bought a new TV (not as exciting as it sounds!) and then had friends over for chili and games! Overall, a good day!
And now, it's Sunday! I can't believe the weekend is almost over. I'm tired, and I know it will be hard going back to work tomorrow, but we've gotta do it, right!?
Brad starts the night shift this week. He will be working from 10 pm-6 am, so that will be a little change. We will still see each other plenty since he will leave when I am heading to bed and getting home when I'm about to leave. He is off on Sundays and Mondays so he has a few free days in there to keep to himself and do what he wants without any nagging! (not that I nag or anything....haha) It will be an adjustment, but it will be fine! I prefer this over the 2nd shift he's worked before! I'll let you know how it goes! :) I'm thankful for a house alarm system and my big black dog...
Tomorrow starts a new year in my life...wow....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment