Last year, my own mother, sent just an online "photobook" card. And I worked very hard to make adorable, cute hand made cards to send. I probably spent at least 20 hours making those cards. Then, a month later, I find out that half of them got eaten by the post office and either arrived all torn up or didn't arrive at all. I became very frustrated because I made sure they fit the required size and measurements. Either way, it was a disaster.
So this year, I just decided I'd do a photo card (like most everyone does these days). However, we haven't really had any pictures taken of the 2 of us lately, and usually my parents do it over Thanksgiving holiday. But, Brad wasn't with me for Thanksgiving! So....that meant we had to figure out how to do it ourselves.
If you read this blog, you know that back in the Summer, our camera and I had a little run-in. This means, the screen does not work. I can still take a picture, just can't see what I'm taking a picture of. Or, the menu for the picture. In order to take a picture using the timer (since no one was with us to take our picture), you have to use the menu on the screen. These two issues created a problem. So, I had to go research on the canon website what the sequence was to get to the timer shot I was looking for. After a few minutes, I figured it out. So I set Brad in place, and tried to figure out what I could do.
As you can see, he wasn't as thrilled about these pictures as I was.
I didn't like any of the pictures from that angle, so I set up this:
And now Brad had to pose again. He tried to give me input, but it just was a little more difficult that it should've been.
Finally, after I got one that I remotely liked, I quit! Hopefully next year, we will take many more pictures of ourselves so that we may have some pictures to share! (I'm hoping to get a new camera sometime in the near future!)
Merry Christmas 2009!












1 comment:
I like the last one. Very cute! Merry Christmas to you and Brad! Hope it's great!
Post a Comment