I love Christmas! There are oh so many reasons why!
I'm sure there are more, but those are the main ones.


The kitchen table (I got a really pretty poinsettia centerpiece and put a wreath with the decorations around it)

Reason #1: I get to decorate my house with glitter and don't get ridiculed for it.
Reason #2: I get to shop.
Reason #3: Parties!
Reason #4: A break from work.
Reason #5: I get to eat lots of sweets without feeling guilty!
I'm sure there are more, but those are the main ones.
As you can see, even my blog got "Christmasified!" (Yes, it's a madeup word, but that's okay! :)
I decorated the house when I got back from Arkansas during Thanksgiving break. Brad had already put up the lights on the house the week before while he was off work. I came home to a beautiful red and white house! Brad thinks we should all keep Christmas lights up all year. It makes the neighborhood look much more cheery! (Except for our wonderful neighbors that lack in taste for decorating...)
Since this is my 2nd Christmas in our house, I was able to do a lot of the same decorative things that I did last year, but I added a few more and bought some things when Christmas stuff went on clearance last year. Here are a few highlights of the house!
The biggest addition is our new Christmas tree! My in-laws gave us their old tree since they bought a new one. It is huge, and beautiful! I had so much fun getting to decorate it and make it look just how I want it!


The kitchen table (I got a really pretty poinsettia centerpiece and put a wreath with the decorations around it)

The bar (Same garland, just new centerpiece)

The mantle (pretty much the same as last year, just with some different sparkly stuff in the garland)

The wall behind he couch (I added garland and sparkle on each of the shelves)

The dining room (new garland and centerpiece)
The shelves and TV (I got these shelves last year for Christmas, so I was able to spread out some of the snowmen that I have collected and some of the sparkly trees I made last year - TV garland is the same but with new sparkly ornaments in it)

While I'm sitting on the couch, I just look around and get a smile on my face! I'm very pleased with the decorations! I think it's beautiful!











1 comment:
What a beautiful tree! I can see why you're smiling :)
Post a Comment