"For when God made a promise to Abraham, since he had no one greater by whom to swear, he swore by himself, saying, 'Surely I will bless you and multiply you.' And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise." Hebrews 6:13-15
As I read that, I also found this commentary to accompany those verses.
- God made a promise to Abraham and then He confirmed the promise with an oath. "And so, after Abraham patiently endured, he obtained the promise." How long did he patiently endure? Over thirty-five years. "Oh God, I don't have that much time left." We are so impatient, aren't we? We want God to do it right now. We want immediate results. And usually we have a time limit set, at the most a week, for God to work. "But after he waited patiently he obtained the promise." God did give to Sarah a son, as He promised He would, even when the likelihood of having a son became humanly totally impossible.
God gave Abraham and Sarah a child. It might not have been when they had hoped, but in the end, with patience, they were blessed with a son.
This is my reminder.
So, in short, the specialist (or the fertility doctor), gave me lots of useful information on my condition and helped me realize where I was and how treatable my case may be. He was very thorough and informative. I had another sonogram which still showed my wonderful "ring of pearls" (typical of PCOS) and also saw that I needed to have a period. NOW. Basically, his options are very doable, if we had a lot of money. He is very reasonable with his prices, but it's still very expensive and very aggressive. After an afternoon/evening of crying and different emotions filling my mind, I decided to call my OB/GYN again on Friday to talk to her about what her next step would be. She gave me some of the same options, but with smaller first steps. I was surprised at the amount of treatment she could offer me in her office. I basically can do everything Dr. G suggested doing, at less than half the price. And, she would allow me to take it slow and take small steps instead of being so aggressive. This made me feel a ton better. I'm not taking Dr. G completely out of the situation, I just think I'm going to be a whole lot more comfortable with Dr. M (#1: she's a girl, #2: it's cheaper, #3: she understands me and my limits, planning, impatience, etc.) I have not let Dr. G know this yet, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to break it to him. (He gave me another call today to see if I had any further thoughts about where we wanted to go.)
Brad did have to have a semen analysis done, which is good fun, and those results came in today. They aren't exactly what we were hoping for, but we've scheduled an appointment for him to see a urologist for further examination. We'll see. It's nothing serious, just a little bump in the road.
In the end, we are going to start the first step of fertility treatment this month. I will begin taking medication to induce ovulation, and we will go from there hoping for a positive ovulation test. Once Brad has a little more detailed information, that will also decide more of how this will all go down! :)
What I came away with this week: I will get pregnant. It may cost some extra bucks. I have to be patient. (Even if it is for 35 years!)











1 comment:
Hey friend,
I know that we have seen time and time again that the Lord is faithful to begin and provide our families in His timing. Sometimes it can just be hard to figure out how much He wants us to help out in the whole process! You sound like you are making wise decisions for you, Brad, and your future little one. I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment