Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yes, We're Still Alive!

Things have been crazy since we've been back on our vacation!  I think that's how it always is though.  You leave, relax, and come back to the craziness of life again!

So, it's time to update you on the progress of life. 

Things have been hard.  Things have been frustrating.  Things have been emotional.  Things have just been down right not fair.  But, we go through this for a reason, and all of this is for a good cause! 

First things - the house.  Still on the market.  Now for 108 days.  Not quite what we expected to happen.  The market in Wylie is stagnant to say the least.  People have talked to us about renting, and we're just not at that point.  We don't have to move, but we want to.  My anxiety has gone up some as well because the house I've been eyeing has finally moved into our price range and it is completely obtainable and doable!  (Granted, we still haven't even gone in the house, but it's in a great neighborhood, has all of our requirements, and it's minutes from friends and family).  We know God has the right buyer for this house, but it's so discouraging to have only had 6 showings, and none have been in November when supposedly the market has picked up this month.  We just lowered our price to what we bought the house for.  Which means, we're going to lose money.  But, maybe it will bring in the perfect buyer. 

Next thing - babies.  I've been hesitant to put any of this on here, but I've been so open thus far, I guess I'll continue!  I started my 4th cycle on Clomid on Oct. 23rd.  We always said that after Hawaii, if we still weren't pregnant, we'd take the next step.  So, this cycle, we chose to do the sonogram monitoring for ovulation instead of the over the counter predictor kits that I was having NO luck with at all.  I went in on the 2nd for my first sonogram, and I had ONE follicle at 16mm, and the lucky number is 18mm.  Follicles tend to grow 2 mm a day, so my doctor had me come in the next day to check on it, and sure enough it was at 17.9mm.  So, we did the HCG trigger injection (which triggers ovulation) and then went in on the 5th for an IUI

Now, for any of you that have gone through this, or will go through this - the HCG shot HURTS.  I was in so much pain for the rest of the day.  The nurse warned me it would hurt, but I had no idea it would be that bad.  It hurt going in, it hurt for hours afterwards.  It was painful.  As for the IUI, this non-evasive procedure is equally as painful and uncomfortable during the procedure.  Not so much afterwards, just a little sore.  I was a little upset with my friends that have done this for not warning me that it won't be comfortable.  I let Brad go home after he did his thing since he had just gotten off work, but if it doesn't work this time, and we have to do this again, he will definitely be staying with me.  It was brutal. 

But, overall, this has caused a lot of emotion.  I am not one that handles patience very well.  And this has been the longest 2 weeks to find out if it did work.  I've chosen to be positive.  I have had a lot of negative influences the last week, but I'm going to make this week positive.  I can't stress about this, or it WON'T work.  Brad has been an amazing husband through this, but he's still male, and sometimes he just doesn't understand.  It's easy for him to just be positive and hopeful, but for some reason, it's just not that easy for me. 

Most of the PCOS blogs I read have gotten pregnant on about their  3rd IUI.  My doctor tells me I am textbook PCOS, but I have very minor issues.  So, hopefully this will be it.  But, if it's meant for me to wait another cycle or more, I will.  I'm trying not to stress about the financial aspect of it, hoping that our flexible spending account will cover everything, but who knows. 

At least I have this precious face to love on!  :) 
(This is Keller Tomson - our good friends' 6 month old little boy)

'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: