It is official - I have been referred to an infertility specialist.
I went to my doctor today to start the follicle monitoring in preparation for the IUI. Last month, I had 1 perfect follicle, we had the IUI, and it was unsccessful. This month, we decided to try for more than just one follicle, so we upped the Clomid.
The sonogram showed lots of activity going on in my ovaries. I was hopeful, but when I went to talk to my doctor, she said she was torn. Because of the holidays, I wasn't able to get a base sonogram at the start of my cycle. Which makes my doc unsure of what I was starting with and whether or not these are actual follicles or cysts. She leaned more on the side of cysts because they were so large and so many (at least 5). She didn't feel comfortable giving me an HCG shot because it could rupture a cyst, and she didn't feel comfortable performing a procedure that she was unsure would be beneficial. We'll try on our own this cycle, and hope for the best.
And from now on, I'm off to a fertility doctor.
I'll call tomorrow and see what he wants to do. I will not be going back to Dr. G (whom I saw back in July). I am going to try out the doctor my OB/GYN recommended, and if I'm not liking that, I will be going to a doctor that a friend of mine highly recommends who will be understanding of cost and will file as much as possible with insurance. We'll see.
I'm bummed, needless to say, but honestly, I have my music program this week, I'm leaving for AR on Friday for the weekend, which means I won't have time to relax and let it take its course. I'm highly stressed. So, it's probably all for the better. Plus, I'm not sure if I want 5 babies...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Hi There, I came along your blog through Leah who designed your blog. She's also designing mine too.
We have alot in common though I think I may be a bit older than you. I have pcos and was told I'd never conceive. To make a long story short we conceived our miracle baby and our son sadly passed away 25 minutes later at 22wks gestation due to a car accident that caused complications a month later.
We are now ttc again and this time seeking fertility with a new OB.
I just wanted to encourage you. Sometimes you'll have cycles like this where you hyperstimulate. November was my month to sit out as I had several that were 7cm's. So we're trying to time this months around Christmas.
The best months to do the IUI's are when you have two or more fully mature follies. I've had MANY friends conceive who have PCOS and had fertility treatment. It may take time, but it happens.
Sitting cycles out is heart-breaking, but take time out for yourself and stay positive. The end result will be a blessed little one.
I pray for healthy happy pregnancies in the new year for us both with beautiful babies to hold. ((hugs))
Rebekah
Leah,
I am so sorry. I wish I could say something that would ACTUALLY make it better. When I was going through this I got so tired of people saying they were "Sorry". And that "it would be ok." I wanted to punch those people. So I am gonna say this and please know it comes from the heart and from a sister that has carried this SAME burden with her. ...
This sucks. This is bullsh**. I don't know why this is happening! I know how tired you are of hearing about people getting pregnant without "Trying". Its your turn and its not fair. Somehow you will get through this. Even on the days when you think you won't...you will. You will either get pregnant, adopt a baby, or realize this isn't what you wanted. I frankly have done all 3 of those. God is good Leah, and he's faithful. This is a storm and no, I don't expect you to dance in it because dancing in the storm was never something I was good at it. But I did learn to weather it. You can do this. It sucks, and its not fair...but from a woman who has been where you are... you CAN do this.
Hope that helped and that you understand my sincereity.
Post a Comment