I am officially on "Winter" break (really, it's Christmas break, but I can't say that at school, it might offend someone). This break is so needed! Brad asked me yesterday what my plans were. I just shook my head. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I like it that way. I've had way too much on my mind lately, it will be great sitting at home and relaxing together with my husband.
It's been a pretty disappointing week leading up to this break. First, I went to give administrative rights to my Facebook page to my friend that designed my FB welcome page, and it was acting weird. So I tried to remove her rights and try again. Nothing happened. So I just clicked on the remove next to my name to see if anything would happen. And yep, it did. I was no longer allowed to change anything. Just like that. On top of that I had a giveaway ending yesterday because I had reached over 500 fans on my page. I couldn't send reminders or anything out to anyone. It was very sad. I was so frustrated. And that welcome page Cameon had made? Couldn't do anything with that. It was a huge fiasco. And Facebook's solution is to delete the old page and start a new one. So all 500 of my fans that I had gotten - gone.
But I have a made a new friend in the blogging world recently. She is Stacie from Simple Stacie. I started doing advertising on her page when I first started my Cutesie Blogs business. She has a huge following and does some great book reviews as well as giveaways. Anyway, I have been her "button girl" as she refers to me. She gets buttons for everything. They are always so fun to do. Anyway, we tend to email/chat about something at least once a week. She's been a huge help in getting my name out there and allowing opportunities to give my page exposure. I would say her site is the whole reason I had 500 fans! On top of all of that, she's always working so hard on her blog and does so much to help. So, I just messaged her last night about my predicament with Facebook. And she came to my rescue! She suggested a cash giveaway and that she would even host it on her site and publicize it! All you have to do is become a fan on my Cutesie Blogs Facebook page, and you could win $50!! It's a pretty sweet deal. Go check it out - there are lots of opportunities to enter. But needless to say, Stacie has been great to get to "know" and chat with. She's been an amazing resource in the blogging world. So thank you Stacie! :)
After the Facebook fiasco, I had my infertility specialist doctor appointment. Finally, Brad was able to go to a doctor's appointment with me, which was great. I think he finally got a "real" explanation of everything. He has not been able to go to any of my appointments since I was diagnosed with PCOS in January. It was great to have his level head. Basically, this cycle is shot. Dr. D wants to change my meds up a little bit and try something a little different, but plan to do the IUI and such. I will have to do a dye test to make sure my tubes are open, which I have read/heard that it is not a very fun procedure. Yippee. But, this also supposedly cleans everything out and makes you more fertile the cycle you actually do it. I thought Dr. D was nice. I didn't feel nurtured or cared for, but he's a male. Brad said his impression of the whole thing was that this was something he sees all of the time, nothing out of the ordinary. I also talked to my friend Julie who has been going to a specialist for a year and a half or so, and asked how she felt about the "nurturing" of her doc. Her response? "I have just decided that fertility doctors are just weird." So, that's where I stand as well. I don't have to love this doc, because I won't have to go to him forever. I know with time, and many more appointments, he'll get to know "me" and not my treatment. He was very knowledgable and made it sound like he knew what he was doing. Plus, Dr. M recommended him, and I trust her. She has been so great to me thus far, I don't want to doubt her now. So, Dr. D is just going to wait for my next cycle.
On top of that, I had my progesterone checked on day 21 of my cycle Thursday. Got a call from Dr. M's office that said the levels were the lowest they've been AGAIN, which means that I did not ovulate. Seriously? We upped my dosage of Clomid and I didn't ovulate?? I don't understand. Agh. I'm so frustrated with this. But, I think a new treatment will be useful.
We have officially decided to take the house off of the market. :( We had truly hoped that we could be out of here by the end of the year, but it's just not happening. We're going to do a few projects to help make the house even more appealing, and then most likely put it back on the market in February when the market should pick up a bit. We'll see. There's no sense in losing money if we don't have to move.
This week has also been incredibly busy. We had 2 Christmas parties to go to as well as Bible Study. Our evenings have been pretty busy. But, I think we're coming to a halt with our activities.
Brad has to work his normal schedule this coming week, which means he works Christmas Eve and Day. But, that's okay. I guess it's not that big of a deal. We've got plans to go to his dad's for Christmas Eve and his mom's side on Christmas day. No big deal. We also have plans to go spend a couple of days with my family after Christmas. It will be a full house with my brother, his new girlfriend, and his 3 kids, and us. I think it will be great though! :) Then, we have our 4 year wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? 4 years? That's crazy. But I am truly blessed to have a husband who loves me.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
I feel ya on the desperate need for CHRISTMAS break! I know you're glad to just relax & get your mind off the stress. I've been thinking about you a lot, and I know things will eventually go your way... just try to be patient (yes, I told this to myself many times, and it never worked back then either). Keep us all posted! I'll be praying for you! :)
Post a Comment