Friday, January 28, 2011

My Body is Confused

Well, just when I thought my body was finally getting the hang of things, I was wrong. 

Monday, I went in for a sonogram to see how my little follicles were doing.  I had one at 13mm, and a bunch of small ones.  So, since follicles grow about 2mm a day, Dr. G#2 decided that I could come back in Friday to take a look at it to see if it's ready.   So I went in.  And the follicle is gone.  No sign of it.  Dr. G#2 just thinks it was a bad follicle and died off, but there's a chance I could've ovulated earlier. 

Now, I have to go have my blood taken again to see if my progesterone is higher and if I truly did ovulate.  Then, off to start treatment.

And on top of that - this stuff is really digging into that flexible spending account.  I'm thinking we probably won't be able to do much more than one cycle at this rate.  I can't even imagine the cost if I didn't have insurance.  Granted, my insurance doesn't cover most of it, but all of this testing and such, has really been a lot.  (Looked at my insurance bill and my full blood work went through and my HSG test went through, totalling about $2500 billed to insurance.  I only have had to pay $600 of that thankfully - for 2 tests)

I'm not a big fan of my body, would someone like to change with me?  Please? 

No comments: