I have found that I have quite a few followers that I had no idea even read about me and my family. So, I apologize.
However, nothing new is going on . I've been swamped and nothing great has happened. So don't take the idea that "No news is good news." :) It just means nothing new and notable is going on in this head of mine.
Brad is enjoying his job. He's been busy lately with lost of different things he's been involved in. As much as I tease him about, I am very proud of him. He recently got word that he would be receiving a police commendation. I don't know much about any of this, however, I can tell from the English language that this is commending him for something he's done. Basically, they are awarding him for going above and beyond his duty while working on a specific case. I was informed that this does not happen often. In the 2 years he's worked there, no one has received this. So, YAY Brad!
In baby news, nothing has changed. :) I'm going on a 45 day cycle right now after not taking any meds this cycle besides Metformin. However, tests on Friday showed that I have ovulated. I guess next time I will continue the ovulation predictor kits through at least day 35, since it's quite possible that's when I ovulated. Agh...so frustrating. But, I pray that I either get a positive pregnancy test this week, or this cycle just ends.
On a side note, it blows me away the number of people these days that are having trouble getting pregnant. I found another friend of mine that has been trying for a little bit and has had no luck. Doctors aren't sure what's going on, but still, that's another one added to the list. Through my blog design business, I have met and created designs for at least 3 women for their fertility journey. It just blows me away. After talking with a fellow fertility troubled friend, I am determined that it has something to do with the foods we eat. I think it's in the milk and meats that we eat. Something has caused this generation to have such a problem. There are so many women out there who have issues and they are the ONLY ones in their family dealing with this.
Anyway, I have been super swamped. I have been playing for 62 high school and middle school band students for the past month for Solo & Ensemble. I enjoy the money, but sometimes it's just so time consuming, I wonder if it's worth the stress and timing. I have been thankful for my finding of 5 Dinners in 1 hour because all I've had to do is tell Brad to put the already prepared food in the oven when I'm on my way home. This is definitely the way to do it if you're a busy mom or wife. I highly recommend it. I have definitely found some good recipes to put in my repertoire. And, the grocery list is great. I generally don't make every meal on the menu, but will choose the 5 or 6 I like and make those, and then the next week will do the same thing again. Which does make me have to go and make my own grocery list, but now that I have my new phone, I've got an app that makes my grocery list much easier! :) The meals are also pretty healthy. Not a lot of processed food or fattening foods. I definitely wouldn't say it's an approved diet or anything, but it's better than going out and eating premade food with all kinds of preservatives and such.
My blog design business has been swamped lately. I have 10 blogs on my plate right now. And no time. So, hopefully these clients are very understanding. Even though they all know their designs won't be started for some time, but I guess that's what Spring Break is for, right?! (Which, by the way, is in 3 weeks...seriously.)
Brad and I are praying over some other decisions we're in the process of making, so I'll update more on that when we have more of an answer or direction.
This time of year is crazy. So, I'm just keeping my head up and moving right along! :)
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Hi Leah!! It's been TOO long since we've gotten to catch up with y'all. I try to check your blog to see how you're doing...not the same as getting to visit though! :) I saw that menu site before and thought it might be worth trying...have y'all liked most of the food she plans? Maybe sometime sooner than later we could see y'all...since we live in the same city and all! :) Blessings to you and Brad!
Post a Comment