I can't believe you're already 6 weeks old! (really 6 1/2, but I'm a little late on typing this to you!) Every time I look at you I just am reminded about how much I love you! You are so adorable, and of course one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! (I may be biased, but it's true!)
We had to visit the doctor this week because of your constipation issues you've been experiencing this last week. But we did find out that it's nothing serious, we're just going to keep a watch on it. But the good thing about going is that we got to see how much you're growing!! You are now 11 lbs., 9.5 oz (75%)!!! Such a big boy! And Dr. B says your growth is FANTASTIC! I find it a little odd that in 2 weeks you gained less than a pound, but then in 4 weeks you gained over 3 pounds! It's very obvious in your eating though! He didn't officially measure you, but when I measured you at home, you were 24" long (95%). You have so much of your daddy in you!
Here are some other things you're doing:
- Your sleep is beginning to get better. We are putting you in your crib to nap now, and you're learning to fall asleep much faster than you used to. We have to use your pacifier to calm you down sometimes, but usually you fall asleep within 10 minutes. You've been a little uncomfortable lately with your digestive issues, so you're not napping like you used to, but I'll take what I can get!
- You are doing better sleeping at night too. This week, you surprised us and skipped your middle of the night feeding and slept almost 6 hours! We love you for that! Now we just need to make it more consistent!
- You're eating 5oz pretty consistently and have even started taking 6oz occasionally.
- You've been spending time with your Granette and Grandma without mommy or daddy and you've done very well! They just love you so much!
- You have turned over twice from your belly to your back. We're not sure if this was just a fluke or if you knew what you were doing, but we are beginning to think we have a super child on our hands!
- Mommy is breaking the rules and is letting you sleep on your belly. (I know, I know. But he sleeps so much better that way, and I got the Snuza alarm that goes on his diaper that will set off an alarm if something happens. Without this, I probably wouldn't even think about it.)
- You are holding your head up just beautifully! You will stick your head up for a long time when you're up on mommy's shoulder. You struggle a little bit sometimes when you're trying to turn it in mid air, but during your tummy time, you move it from left to right very well. (Another reason why I was okay with him sleeping on his belly.)
- Your smiles are coming more regularly. You have such a precious smile!
- You are beginning to test out your sounds. I love hearing them.
We also welcomed Abby into our family and she has been so good with you. When mommy feeds you in your room, she likes to lay on the floor watching the door to make sure everything is okay. While you're sleeping, she likes to go in your room every once in a while to make sure you're okay. And she always lets mommy know when you're crying or not happy!
Christmas is next week and we are taking our first big car trip to Arkansas. Hopefully you will be a champ on the trip!
We love you so much buddy! I cherish these times I have with you.
Love,
Mommy
(For some reason, I haven't taken any pictures of Blake this week....I guess I'll have to work on this!)











No comments:
Post a Comment