Dear Sweet Blake -
You have continued to steal my heart. I am so in love with your smile and sounds. Your crazy scheduling momma has absolutely given in to you this last week and cuddled you more than ever.
I went back to work this last week, and you have been amazing. I get such great reports from Mama L every time I pick you up! You are still having a cranky time about 7pm until bath time around 8:30, but you Daddy and I are coming up with ways to entertain you. :)
You had your 2 month check up today, and you continue to blow us away!
- 13 lbs., 5 1/2 oz (90% - WHOA!)
- 23.5 in. long (75%)
- 16 in. head (70%)
Here are some sweet things you're doing:
- You are eating on average 6-7 oz each feeding, about 5 times a day
- We've switched your nipples on your bottle to the variable flow and you seem to do much better (and faster) with those. Sometimes you are so messy and it can get very frustrating constantly cleaning you, but feedings don't take nearly as long, which means more play time with you!
- You have now been sleeping 9 hours through the night for 10 days. (Thank you)
- Most of your 0-3 month clothes still fit, but they are beginning to stretch a little more! Hopefully we can get another month out of these!
- You are definitely smiling for people, and boy what a cute smile it is!
- You LOVE looking at ceiling fans and lights
- You LOVE being outside. If you're fussy, taking you outside will definitely calm you down.
- Your favorite entertainment right now is Daddy's drumming with you! You get one of the sweetest smiles on your face, it just warms our hearts.
- You've begun "standing" when we pull you up. (Dr. B seems to think it's probably just a reflex, but we think it's extra special!)
- You have had a few dinners these days that you didn't want Mommy or Daddy to eat, but somehow we're able to make it work.
- You started going to the nursery at church this week. It wasn't such a pleasant experience for you because they thought someone already fed you, but you weren't too horrible that they had to call us to come get you. But boy were you hungry when you got home! (6 1/2 hours after your last bottle!)
- You can get really cranky sometimes just an hour after you eat. Mommy always wants you to stay up for a while longer, but you tell her no!
- You haven't liked long naps here lately, but I can't complain since it's not affecting your night sleep.
- Bath time is still one of your favorite things. You have begun to kick and play in the tub. It is so sweet to watch you float in the tub and just hang out staring at the lights in the ceiling.
- I love hearing you "talk" to your play mat. You have begun talking to us and your toys, and it's such a cute little thing! I'll get a good video of it here very soon to show off!
You are an amazing little boy. I can't believe you're already growing so much. Time really does fly. You are the perfect example to show us how quickly life passes us by. I can't imagine my life without you. You have completed our family in so many unimaginable ways.
You are so loved!
Love, Mommy















No comments:
Post a Comment