(Yes, I know Blake is 2 months old now and I haven't done a post, but I'm waiting until he goes to his 2 month check up this week to post with all of his measurements and such)
This week was a big week for us. I went back to work.
I love my job, I really do. But I also love my job of being a mom. It's a hard thing to balance, but we'll get the hang of it. My kids at school missed me. I wasn't sure how much they would, but they did. It was so wonderful to see their faces when they saw I was back! I got so many hugs this week, which made our transition so much easier.
Blake did great! We have an in home childcare that we are using, and Mama L is doing a fabulous job with Blake. I couldn't be happier with her! She has been so sweet by sending me a picture everyday showing me my happy baby! I know she has her hands full, but she understands my need of getting to see my little guy. This childcare option was a complete God thing.
It has also made it much easier because Brad gets to drop Blake off. I just have to get Blake up and and start his bottle before I leave. So far this week, I've also gotten to pick Blake up. I can't wait until Blake starts to smile when he sees me! Right now, he's usually sleeping, but he's becoming more responsive to situations, and I know it won't be long until I get that sweet smile.
We did have a little hiccup in the plan this week. Brad called at 6am and said he wasn't going to make it home. Mama L doesn't open until after 7am. I have to leave the house by 6:45 to make it to school on time. However, God is good. Granette just so happened to have not gone into work that day because she had a plumber coming by to fix her sink. I called her, and she willingly (and I think gladly!) took Blake and watched him until Brad could get back to pick him up. I think the timing worked out well, and I just know God had something to do with that. I'm so thankful we live close to family. I'm not sure what we'll do if the same situation ever arises again, but I guess we just take it as it comes. :)
The biggest change in this week is that Blake has decided that he likes to sleep!!!! Which means that he is sleeping THROUGH THE NIGHT! I'm not saying like 6 hours. I mean THROUGH the night. He probably goes down about 9:15pm each night, and he has started sleeping until 6:30am! I have to go in and give him a pacifier occasionally around 4:30am, but he quickly falls back asleep until I go in to wake him up! This is huge! I'm so thankful for this change. I know we'll have a few hiccups in this as well when he starts teething and when he's going through a growth spurt, but I'll take what he gives. It's good to know that it's possible, and it has been a consistent routine for over a week now!
I give credit to 2 things for this: Baby Wise and tummy sleeping.
If you're pregnant, I highly suggest you read BabyWise. The schedule suggestions and routine that it allows you to start works. It's hard at first. But it works. Blake has an internal clock like no other. As a teacher, I know how good structure is for a child, and it's obvious that it helps Blake. He is a much happier child when things go with his routine. I am not incredibly strict with following the rules of the book, but the overall principle is what is so wonderful.
As for the sleeping, Blake loves being on his belly. He calms down on his belly. He falls asleep incredibly easy on his belly. So, I bought my snuza alarm and turned that baby over, and I'll never look back. I slept on my belly as a baby, and I survived. :) I bet you did too! Blake hated being swaddled and he cried all night on his back. Babies communicate with us, and I know this is what's best for him. I have a happy, well rested baby now. Hopefully the sleep police won't come after me!
I am definitely looking forward to my weekends now. I loved getting to cuddle on the couch with Blake today and getting to play with him. He's so sweet in the day time, and I miss that time being at work, but I will treasure my weekends with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Through the night?! I am so jealous!! Stella definitely sleeps with us a lot more than I had ever originally intended, and if she's in her co-sleeper bassinet thing, the only way she sleeps decent is on her tummy. she's just a cuddled, and being on her back freaks her out. Praying she decides to start sleeping a little more like your little guy!
Post a Comment