Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Moving On

I apologize for the couple of weeks that I have no posted! :)  You'd think since I don't have to be a work, I could blog all of the time!  HAH!

I have definitely continued to stay busy around the house and going and seeing friends and family.  This week my mom is coming in and we'll get to do some fun things (as long as she feels up to it!) and then we'll head to Arkansas for my best friend from high school's baby shower!  It will be fun!

On top of that, we're putting our house on the market!  (what?!) Yes, we have decided to try to move.   We knew that we would be moving in the next couple of years to get closer to family and friends, but we just wanted to stay in our house and gain some more equity.  We love our house.  We just wish we weren't so far out.  We have to drive 30 minutes (at least) pretty much every time we do something.  We knew this going into buying a house out here, but it's gotten old!  Plus, Brad's job has changed since we bought this house, which is the original reason why we didn't go up north to begin with. 

After talking to a friend or 2, and some family members, it looked like now was an opportune time to try to move.  The interest rates are low.  VERY low.  Which puts us at a place where we can get a whole lot more house in a nicer neighborhood, at the same price we're in now.  We had a realtor come in and talk to us about the market in our neighborhood, and we should be able to move and get out at least even, if not a little more. 

We want to be closer to Brad's family, especially with children in the hopefully near future, and the market is such a buyers market, we're just going to give it a shot!  We pray that this will be a quick and painless process, just because of the hassle with dogs it might be to show the house!  I have a feeling we're going to be doing lots of driving in the car with the dogs transporting them everywhere we go!

We just pray that God is in this and this is the path we should take!  So, here we go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Amanda McD said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see where you end up. Keep us posted!