Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thank you 2nd Trimester

I agree with my doctor.  Pregnancy is not a beautiful thing.  I think the outcome will be beautiful, but the current status and changes of my body are not.

I know I could be much worse.  I've had friends throwing up constantly, in the hospital for dehydration, and all sorts of other random pregnancy symptoms. 

However, it has not been easy for me.  I have been nauseous since about week 7.  After 2 weeks of misery, I was finally able to get on Zophran, which has helped a lot.  At my 13 week appointment, my doctor said the nausea should go away in a couple of weeks.  Well, it didn't.  In fact, it probably got worse for a couple of weeks.  But, these last couple of days, I've seen some relief.  I'm trying to take the medicine only once a day to see if I can bare through it. 

In the positive, I am so glad to finally "look" pregnant.   People who don't even know me can tell that I'm pregnant.  I don't think I'm very big to be 18 weeks, but, it's obvious that it's a baby.  :) 

Here are my belly pics from 2, 3, and 4 months.  There's been a big growth between the last 2.


2 months

3 months

4 months

At this size, the belly band is no longer comfortable, so I had to break down and go buy some maternity clothes.  My shirts are still all doing okay, but the pants, not so much.  Most of my recently pregnant friends have offered to let me use their maternity clothes, but unfortunately, not many of the pants fit....which is a bummer.  I went shopping yesterday and still had trouble finding pants that fit and don't look ridiculous.  My massage therapist said his wife is just my size and that she could possibly have some things that might work.  Hopefully that will work.  I just need something in the mean time. 

On another note, we have lots of stuff going on in the next 2 weeks.  Last day of school is tomorrow.  Closing on the new house in McKinney a week later.  Moving in to the new house that Thursday.  And getting our big 20 week sonogram that Thursday afternoon!! 

Boy am I ready for a great summer!

2 comments:

~Rebekah~ said...

YAY!!! Lots going on over there. You look CUTE! Can't wait to hear the gender and then see how you decorate the nursery. I'm 22wks today. This is my milestone week as I lost Jackson at 22wks. So far all is well with Amelia. I have a scan on Friday to check the stitch and length again. Praying to pass this week, 24th week and all the way to the 36th week.

When you finish all the business you'll have to let me know as I'd like to have you put a new summery background to the blog and pay for the basic package to give away on my blog. Doesn't have to be right away. Wait till all is settled. Just let me know.

In the meantime. Enjoy 2nd Tri dear friend!

~Rebekah~ said...

YAY!!! Lots going on over there. You look CUTE! Can't wait to hear the gender and then see how you decorate the nursery. I'm 22wks today. This is my milestone week as I lost Jackson at 22wks. So far all is well with Amelia. I have a scan on Friday to check the stitch and length again. Praying to pass this week, 24th week and all the way to the 36th week.

When you finish all the business you'll have to let me know as I'd like to have you put a new summery background to the blog and pay for the basic package to give away on my blog. Doesn't have to be right away. Wait till all is settled. Just let me know.

In the meantime. Enjoy 2nd Tri dear friend!